Tiger talk
Amurtiger
2003-06-22 22:07:49 UTC
hello all,

i am new to this group and just thought I`d say hi to you all.
I am a huge huge tiger lover and hope to find plenty people here who do,
too!!

the Amurtigress
So any tiger talk going on here??
Lucy
Amurtiger
2003-06-22 22:16:32 UTC
Hi all,

it is very sad indeed but I think for as long as killing a tiger could feed
a family for a year or longer there will always be a huge tempation to poach
this magnificant animal.

It is so sad - so strong and powerful himself he is driven to extinction by
us!

Amurtigress
I watched a program last year about how many people are killed in India by
tigers. I was quite shocked actually, the number was very high. Even so,
couldn't dislike a tiger. The tigers are in their own habitat, people
just
seem to get in the way!
It's a tough issue, but ... we can't sit idly by while they disappear.
What should be done? I'm no expert on the subject to be certain
however we must try and curb the activities causing the dwindling
numbers of tigers. How? Perhaps the countries where tigers reside
should provide economic alternatives to their people so they would
not have to go out into the forests and poach tigers. That's a
monumental undertaking - and that could also have it's down-side
because expanding buisness to provide better paying jobs to the
people expands into tiger habitat.
In short there is no easy answer but one must be found.
How come? It is the fault of human beings the tigers are in the state
they are in. Over-hunting in the early part of this century and too
little protection too late in the game have been some of the major
reasons
according to my research.
Go to -> http://home.earthlink.net/~shasari/tigers.html for my piece on
their
survival, at the bottom there are some basic suggestions you can take
that
may
or may not turn the situation around.
I sure don't want to live in a world where the magnificent striped
predator
is but a memory in the mind of all those who loved and revered the
tiger.
Dave
Some people don't know what to say, when they see reports in
television
that
the number of tigers decreases rapidly every day :-(
:-(
What do you think should be done about it? And how comes?
Vera